Thursday, June 23, 2011

An almost sunny work day

I woke up early yesterday and sat at the bar eating Corn Flakes while reading about Tonga in the National Geographic.  It wasn't sunny exactly, but warm enough to make me glad.  Ben came in the kitchen as I was reading about the lazy prince of Tonga and ate cereal too.  He told me he wasn't sure we could paint the house because the sun hadn't come out.

Tomás walked in a little later, cheerful and wearing work jeans.  I went to change into jeans too, and came back out to help with the work.  The sun poked out a bit, more of a grey-yellow presence than sunny, but I felt happy in my tanktop, dipping a roller into paint.  After rolling several boards with a thick shade of papaya, Angeley and Frances came out and when we put on the stereo from inside, Taylor Swift came through the boards of the house.  I kept painting and grinning.  It felt a bit like a Virginia summer morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment